September has ushered in what will doubtless be the most interesting squash season this century. I hope you’re all enjoying the first big event of the Pro Squash Tour in Manchester, England. There have been some awesome matches. Including Ali Farag being eliminated by Marwan El Shorbagy. And back in New York we’re opening up as well with new and wondrous changes. There are so many new things to announce:
Finally after what feels like an eternity, we are at a place where the plastic has come off the entranceway to Manhattan Squash and you can see the cafe (check out the video tour below). The cafe won’t open quite yet, but once indoor dining is allowed in the city, we’ll start to offer a limited selection of food and beverage. Think early October.
Our gym equipment is set up and we’re ready to go pending an inspection by the city. You’ll probably have to book your time on the equipment to ensure social distancing, but soon you’ll be able to work out as well as play squash – like the cafe, probably early October.
Locker Rooms + Showers
We are dangerously close to opening the locker rooms and showers – again check out the video tour – October can’t come soon enough!
The Musto Squash Academy – for adults!
Are you looking to be more competitive? Would you like to make technical and tactical improvements to your game? Would you like a structured way to improve rather than ad-hoc lessons and training? Well then we’ve got you covered with an innovative first from Manhattan Squash. The Academy will run in 8-week sessions and has several components:
- Game assessment, improvement & fitness plan
- Weekly team practices
- Team ladder with assigned challenge matches with video analysis
- Free off-peak court slots for solo practice or practice with other Academy players
- Competition shirt and group presence at regional, national and international tournaments
The Academy is directed and taught by our very own squash pro John Musto, whose accomplishments are so numerous that I’m listing them in an appendix below! The Fall Session will run October 5 – December 13. Registration is limited, so if you are interested please inquire now to email@example.com. This is a unique program – we are unaware of another like it targeted at adults – we just love to break new ground!
Oops. I almost boasted there – let me keep it tight and deep – enjoy the video below and check out all the things that John has done right below that.
The Many achievements of our very own John Musto include:
- Current US and British Open Masters Champion
- Former #1 US U17 & U19
- 2-time Interscholastic Champion, captain of the 2-time National Championship Intercollegiate team
- Former PSA touring pro,
- #1 player for the silver-medalist US National Team at the Pan Am Federation Championships
- US Squash level-3 certified teaching professional.